- Position Title: Social Media Intern
- Internship Term: Spring 2018, Summer 2018 & Fall 2018 internships available
- Compensation: College credit [MUST be enrolled in college]
- Desired Fields of Study: Social Media, Marketing, PR, Advertising
- Hours Desired: 10-20/week with some evenings/weekends required
Rebel’s social media intern will be given the opportunity to get their hands dirty with actual client work. While the focus will lie primarily within social media initiatives, the intern in this position will be exposed to all aspects of marketing and gain a working knowledge of how each area works both individually and together in order to execute the overall strategy.
Rebel’s social media intern will assist in day-to-day social channel management as well as content development, influencer relationship building, blogging, and strategic initiatives for clients. As a member of the Rebel team, they will be encouraged to share ideas and collaborate during brainstorms and strategy sessions. This position can be done remotely, so time management is essential.
Some of Your Duties & Focal Areas
- Learn to navigate social channels as a marketing professional including Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Use social monitoring tools such as Hootsuite, RecurPost, SproutSocial, etc. to monitor engagement, evaluate performance and find opportunities for connecting with users in our target demographic
- Understand social personas and relationship-building through social content
- Identify and engage social influencers
- Post, comment and share on behalf of clients
- Understand the content creation process and execute monthly content calendars
- Conduct daily hashtag research
- Upload and schedule monthly social content
- Write blog posts
- Create quizzes and sweepstakes using third-party applications
- Optimize social pages for proper indexing
- Optimize social pages for user experience
- Create social ads on Facebook and Twitter
- Stay up to date with industry trends, reports and changes
- Create graphics for social content
- Conduct competitor analyses across different channels
- Understand the social client onboarding and setup process
How To Apply
Points for creativity and attention-getting applications! Show us you’re a true Rebel!
OR, you can simply send in your resume, cover letter, link to online portfolio (optional) and list of social media accounts you have handled (optional) to: email@example.com with “I’m a social media rebel!” in the subject line. #BeARebel