- Position Title: Public Relations Intern
- Internship Term: Spring 2018, Summer 2018 & Fall 2018 internships available
- Compensation: College credit [MUST be enrolled in college]
- Desired Fields of Study: Social Media, Marketing, PR, English, Journalism
- Hours Desired: 10-20/week with some evenings/weekends required
Do you scour news sites every day and think “Why did they cover that story?” Can you write brilliant, click-worthy pitches? Have a knack for blogger relations?
Well then, welcome to the Rebel team.
Rebel’s PR Intern will be a hands-on contributor to the conception and execution of trade and consumer public relations programs for our clients both on a global and national scale. Even if the finite details of the brands are lost on you, your superb writing, organizational and positioning skills will carry you through!
The perfect person for this position:
- Is integral to building client and media relationships and overall satisfaction and success
- Has strong public relations, project management, organizational, leadership, and written and verbal communication skills
This position will be responsible for:
- Research and draft turnkey press releases
- Compile and maintain targeted media lists
- Build relationships with media contacts and pitch 20-25 reporters/week
- Maintain and update client editorial PR calendar
- Report on placements and ROI
The perfect person will be able to manage all of this and roll up their sleeves to get the job done, doing whatever is needed. Warning: This is not your traditional PR role. We’re rebels, we move fast, and we have fun while doing it.
- You write really, really well
- It bothers you when someone says they’re ‘excited’ in a press release
- Proven ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and reliable with a creative approach to everything you do
- Expertise in the business media; you know who’s who and what they care about
- Ability to jump in on copywriting assignments – over and above PR initiatives
- Digital & social media savvy
- Superb time management skills
How To Apply
- Points for creativity and attention-getting applications! Show us you’re a true Rebel!
- OR, you can simply send in your resume, cover letter, and link to online portfolio (optional) to: email@example.com with “Grammar is not for grandmas!” in the subject line. #BeARebel